Tower ______ is the most
famous monument in England.
Live Curious – from National Geographic
Poziom : Elementary (Podstawowy)
Tekst do filmu:
There is a word, so small and so powerful,…
…that we use all of our lives to make sense of the world.
Why is he up there?
Why is he down there?
Why is that so big?
Why is that so small?
Why are they in such a rush?
Why aren’t they?
It’s such a simple word that unlocks many doors.
Everything deserves a why. The world is a magnificent puzzle.
It is beautiful and cruel,…
…frightening and inspiring.
If we don’t ask that, we’ll never find out.
Game of Thrones and Harry Potter stars filming in Kraków
Rheon, who is best known for playing psychopath Ramsay Snow in cult show ‘Game of Thrones’, was spottedout and about in Kraków by unsuspectingfans over the weekend, as was Grint, who played the decidedlymore savourycharacter of Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter franchise.
Nevertheless, the British production remains cloakedin mystery.
Although Kraków-based casting agency Outside is recruiting extras for the project, the company has declinedto give details about the shoot.
‘Game of Thrones’ Polish fan portal westeros.pl has claimedthat the production is set in 1907. However, the website noted that it is not clear whether Kraków is supposed to represent another European city in the project.
Bystanderswho bumped into Rheon over the weekend commented that the Welsh actor seemed to be greatly enjoying his time in the city, which is Poland’s tourist capital.
Are you excited about the new movie filmed in Krakow? What do you think it’s going to be about?
Zapisy na Kursy Intensywne Wrześniowe
Trwają zapisy na kursy intensywne wrześniowe. To już ostatnia tura intensywnych kursów 3x w tygodniu.
Polecamy ten kursów również jako rozgrzewkę przez kursami standardowymi od października.
Pesa trams enter service in Wroclaw
MPK Wroclaw’s new fleetof Pesa Twist low-floor LRVs entered passenger service in the Polish city on August 14, when the first three vehicles were introducedon Line 3.
MPK Wroclaw awardedPesa a contract in December 2015 to supplysix three-section bidirectional vehicles, and an option for two additional vehicles was exercised in March, taking the total value of the order to Zlotys 66m ($US 17.5m).
The first vehicles were deliveredin June, but alterationswere required to platform faces at 15 stations before the fleet could enter service.
The 30m-long standard-gauge LRVs accommodateup to 220 passengers.
Last month MPK Wroclaw placed a Zlotys 23m contract with Modertrans, Poland, for six Moderus Beta partially low-floor trams with an option for a further 16 units. The first of these vehicles will be delivered in December.
Want some practise? Try to make sentences with the new vocabulary
Write in the comments below
Obejrzy to i naucz się fajnych słówek – Game of Thrones: Season 3 – Inside Episode 10 (HBO)
Tekst do filmiku:
– … oh I know. Walder Frey gets all the credit. He never would have risked such an action if he didn’t have certain assurances.
– ..that he got from me…. You disapprove ?
– I’m all for cheating, this is war. But to slaughter them at a wedding..
– Explain to me, why it is more noble to kill 10,000 men in battle than a dozen at a dinner
– Tywin Lanister is rational, cold-bloodedly rational, but rational and he’s a man who has codes and and loyalties to things larger than himself
– I thing Tywin is a string utilitarianism which which is the greatest good for the greatest number and by his version of utilitarianism is the Lanister… greatest good for the Lanister numbers and if he can strengthen the Lannister cause and insure his families continued survival and authority by have a group of Starks murdered at a wedding and Starks bannerman murdered at a wedding why on earth wouldn’t he do that
– from his perspective Tywin ended a war that was gonna cause both sides untold suffering and countless lives.
Those people who – if Twywin had won the hard way – would have been dead anyway, and now te war is done and the kingdom can unite itself under some sort of dictatorial peace under the ruler ship of Tywin Lannister
– A good man does everything in his power to better his family’s position..
– When have you ever done something that wasn’t in your interest bu solely for the benefit of the family
– The day that you were born, I wanted to carry you into the sea and let the waves wash you away. Instead I let you live because you’re a Lanister
Słówka do zapamiętania:
– gets all the credit – przepisać , zdobyć uznanie za coś
Nato treats Poland like a buffer state, says new president
Polish president Andrzej Duda has criticisedNato for treatingPoland like a “buffer zone” rather than a fully fledgedmember facing a resurgent Russia and urgedthe alliance to place permanent bases in the former Soviet bloc country.
In an interview with the Financial Times, Mr Duda, a conservative elected in May, said Nato was failing to implement its statedpolicies and had not adapted its strategy on its eastern border following Russia’s “imperialist actions” in Ukraine and Georgia.
“We do not want to be the buffer zone. We want to be the real eastern flank of the alliance,” said Mr Duda. “Today, when we look at the dispersionof bases . . . then the borderline is Germany.
“Nato has not yet taken note of the shift . . . of Poland from the east to the west,” he added. “Nato is supposed to be here to protect the alliance . . . If Poland and other central European countries constitutethe real flank of Nato, then it seems natural to me, a logical conclusion, that bases should be placed in those countries.”
What do you think? Id Poland really a buffer zone for Nato?
Let us know in the comment below and try to use the new vocabulary.
No more LOLs: 50% of Facebook users prefer ‘haha’ to laughing out loud
Still using LOL to expresslaughter digitally? Ha, that’s so old. According to a new study carried out by Facebook, 51% of us express our laughter on the social network with a simple “haha”.
The US-wide study, entitledThe Not-So-Universal Language of Laughter, and conducted in response to a New Yorker article on the subject of “e-laughter”, has collated data on the way de-identified users express mirth. The results are broken down by age, gender and location.
The most common form of e-laughter was found to be haha (or longer variants eg hahaha), followed by emoji and “hehe”. LOL (laugh out loud) accounted for just 1.9% of usage.
Younger users and women are more likely to use an emoji when tickled; men prefer to use hehe (the writer of the New Yorker piece, Sarah Larson, speculatesthat this might be down to the fact it consists of the pronoun he).
However, while Larson in her piece postulates that hehe is a thing “foisted upon us by youth”, Facebook’s data showed this not to be the case. While the average age of emoji users is slightly lower than fans of haha, users who chose hehe and lol tendedto be older.